Wednesday, May 13

Posted by Laurel Garver on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7 comments
We live in an information-saturated world with greater access to reading material than any other time in human history. In such a glutted marketplace of ideas, quality matters more than ever before.

Photo credit: 5demayo from morguefile.com
Editing is your first line of quality control in developing excellent written products. You shouldn't entrust your work and reputation to anyone who claims to know those elusive comma rules. Because perfectly placed punctuation is not enough to stand out. Message matters. Presentation matters. Clarity matters. Beauty matters.

Are you ready to take your writing to the next level? You’ve come to the right place. I am a veteran wordsmith who brings decades of editing experience to every project entrusted to my care--and I'm taking new clients.

Check out my new tab, "Editing services" to learn all about what I can do for you!

Tell me, what do you most look for in an writer/editor relationship? 
Categories: , ,

7 comments:

  1. I certainly wish I could afford you Laurel.

    What I would look for in a writer/editor relationship? Hmm, flexibility, honesty, constructive feedback; work with the author for their target audience, not a popular market. Open communications and exchange of ideas would be mandatory.

    Hard to say, I guess it depends on what the author needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I'm not the cheapest game in town, but my clients say they got a lot of bang for their buck (I've been doing this a long time!).

      Love the list--that's helpful!

      Delete
  2. Bravo for telling us about this, Laurel!! I'll definitely be in touch after going through my manuscript this summer. This is so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. It would be a pleasure to work with you. Keep me posted on your progress!

      Delete
  3. When I'm ready for an editor (which I'm betting will be sooner rather than later...but who knows, I'm a writer, the unpredictable tends to happen to me more than not), I'll definitely keep you in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw you mention this decision on FB. I think. Any hoot, I knew about it. If you'd like to do a little promotion on Writer's Alley to help get the work out feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheri. That would be wonderful. I'll be in touch soon, once I've met my deadline at the day job.

      Delete